Thursday, November 5, 2009

Yes, I really like the blogging thing.

Ever since I got back from China, I have been wanting to start my own blog at home. Well everyone, here it is. This is the blog about my life and opinions about it. 

I am living at home with my family right now! :) I am so happy and thankful to be with them again. I really missed everyone a lot while I was gone. It was incredibly wild to see sierra again! She is getting so big and responsible. She had her baptism just one week after I got home. It was so great to be home and get to be there for such a special moment in her life. I am really proud of her for making the decision to be baptized and having such a excitement and eagerness for it. 
She was baptized on the 4th of July! It was pretty fun for her to have all kinds of attention and fireworks on her special day. We went to the Stadium of fire as a family for the first time ever to celebrate. As much as my brother and I just LOVE the Jonas Brothers... (cough) Sierra was really really excited!! She sang to all the songs and the fireworks were absolutely unbelievable. I had never seen anything like it in all of my life. 
The most amazing thing about being to the Stadium of Fire, for me, was definitely how patriotic everything was. I had never been surrounded by thousands of people all singing the national anthem. I had never seen an American flag that was so huge it filled the sky. I had never had the opportunity to hear Glenn Beck speak about our country with such love, passion, and hope. He spoke of our founding fathers and the blessings we have because of them. Now you have to realize that I just got home from China a week before. I had been living in another country and was so happy to be home. I was overwhelmed with love for my country when Glenn spoke. I cried and found the deepest desire to fight for the beautiful blessings God has given us. 

I cannot begin to describe how great it was to see my little brother Spencer again. I think I may have missed him the very most while I was gone. He is improving astoundingly everyday and I am constantly learning from him. He is becoming more curious and independent. He lets me play with him more which is so fun for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment